Child & Family Therapist
Who We Are
Founded in 1994, KIDS Center works together with law enforcement, medical providers, and social service agencies to create a supportive response to child abuse through a multi-disciplinary team approach.
This position is responsible for providing mental health assessment and treatment to children and their caregivers impacted by abuse. This position is designed with a primary focus on meeting the needs of the rural Jefferson and Crook County communities. Additionally, this position will provide on-site mental health support and crisis intervention to families who come through KIDS Center for a child abuse evaluation. The position will be responsible for working collaboratively with community partners and agencies to best support the mental health needs of families we serve. A portion of this position will also include outreach and education to our community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide mental health services to victims and their caregivers in Crook and Jefferson County and while on-site at KIDS Center for their child abuse medical assessment.
- Provide mental health support and referral services as appropriate to walk-ins and hotline calls.
- Provide short and long-term mental health assessment and treatment services (specialized trauma-informed and evidence-based therapy) to children and their caregivers impacted by abuse.
- Complete safety assessments and crisis support in collaboration with evaluation team members and refer/collaborate with appropriate resources as necessary/appropriate.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Maintain clinical record keeping requirements, including therapy referrals, pre, and post-assessments and treatment and termination documentation promptly.
- Administer, score, and interpret evidence-based assessment tools.
- Work collaboratively with DCBH and other mental health agencies and referring parties to connect families with appropriate therapeutic services.
- Provide statistics on service provision for grantors and other functions.
- Maintain high ethical standards concerning the treatment and client confidentiality.
- Maintain professional communications and case coordination with all involved social services agencies and community resources.
- Participate in regular supervision, team, and staff meetings.
- Attend weekly Multidisciplinary Team Review (MDT) meetings, provide consultation on case staffing when appropriate, and provide consulting services for MDT members on individual cases as requested.
- Provide court testimony and expert witness testimony when requested.
- Adhere to the National Children’s Alliance (NCA) standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Client Programs and Prevention.
- Other duties as requested. These duties would include helping to build community relationships in the tri- county and other rural areas for the maximization of resources for treatment options.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field and a professional license. If not licensed, is or plans on receiving supervision toward licensure.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in providing therapy related to abuse/neglect, including domestic violence.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation. This position requires weekly travel to Jefferson and/or Crook Counties. If a private vehicle is utilized for company purposes, validation of an Oregon Class C Driver’s License, of driving record, and approval for commercial policy insurability is required in conjunction with proof of personal minimum liability insurance coverage.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and/or Parent-Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT) strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
KIDS Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A state of Oregon criminal background check and a department of Human Services Child Welfare background check is required for employment at KIDS Center and will be completed for finalists.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Justice policy, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, religion, sex, or age.