Human Resources Business Partner
Who We Are
Kids Intervention and Diagnostic Service (KIDS) Center is a child abuse intervention center serving Central Oregon. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention, evaluation, and treatment of child abuse. We interview and medically evaluate children who are suspected to have experienced abuse. Founded in 1994 by the community, KIDS Center works together with law enforcement, medical providers and social service agencies to create a supportive response to child abuse through a multi-disciplinary team approach. We serve Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson County along with the Warm Springs community.
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs.
• Coordinate all human resources activities, including creating and maintaining job descriptions, employee recruitment and selection, new employee onboarding, employee handbook updates, retention and destruction of human resources documents, and annual employee evaluation process.
• Facilitate and maintain the salary survey and compensation process.
• Responsible for ongoing research in human resource management to aid in the development and presentation of staff training programs and development.
• Supports managers and directors with human resources duties.
• Develop, revise and recommend human resources policies and procedures.
• Work collaboratively with the Finance Department to facilitate and manage the employee benefits administration.
• Oversee the exit interview process.
• Maintains personnel files within legal and best practices guidelines.
• Responsible for keeping current with changes in Oregon and Federal laws and ensuring KIDS Center remains in compliance.
• Manages full-cycle workers’ compensation claims, including complying with all required laws, working with insurance representatives, and ensuring appropriate claim management.
• In conjunction with the board and department managers, guide and support the overall diversity, equity, and inclusion plan.
• Understanding of, sensitivity to, and facilitation of Vicarious Trauma/Secondary Traumatic Response resources and tools for staff.
• Special projects: Assist and facilitate special organization projects as necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the position.
Required Education and Experience
▪ Bachelor’s degree.
▪ Three years of direct experience in human resources
▪ Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
▪ Ability to analyze reports and statistics
▪ Excellent understanding of human resources compliance issues
▪ Outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
▪ Ability to manage multiple projects and work to tight deadlines.
▪ Skilled in team collaboration, motivation, and achievement.
Preferred Education and Experience
▪ PHR or SPHR
▪ HIPAA Compliance
KIDS Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
A state of Oregon criminal background check and a department of Human Services Child Welfare background check is required for employment at KIDS Center and will be completed for finalists.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Justice policy, this organization is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, religion, sex, or age.