Neuman Hotel Group of Ashland to Execute Grand Cru Dinner on Saturday, July 18
Drumroll, please……the guest culinary group tasked with feeding 450 guests of the Grand Cru gala fundraising dinner as part of Central Oregon’s largest wine event, Cork & Barrel, has been announced: The Neuman Hotel Group, nationally recognized as a provider of premium accommodations, hospitality, and dining throughout Southern Oregon, will deliver a five-course meal – paired with wine from Paso Robles, CA wine country – on the green at Broken Top Club on Saturday, July 18.
Five fun facts about the Neuman Hotel Group:
- Neuman Hotel Group Executive Chef, Francesco Console, is a graduate of the Western Culinary Institute – Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts.
- The Neuman Hotel Group operates five, unique lodgings throughout Southern Oregon wine country: Ashland Springs Hotel, Lithia Springs Resort, Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites, Inn at the Commons, and the Nunan Estate.
- Chef Franco and his culinary crew did such an amazing job as the Grand Cru culinary team at Cork & Barrel 2019 that we invited them to fill out the RFP for 2020 – and they were our top pick for 2020!
- Chef Franco loves to fly-fish and has a beautiful, colorful tattoo of a rainbow trout on one of his forearms.
- The Ashland Springs Hotel, where Chef Franco calls his culinary “home”, opened in 1925 as a nine-story hotel that also served as a culinary hub of Southern Oregon. The once-elegant hotel was shut down in 1997 but brought back to its former state of elegance and fine-dining in 1998 by the local entrepreneurs and philanthropists, Doug and Becky Neuman.
The Grand Cru gala fundraising dinner on Saturday, July 18, 2020 kicks off with the Winemaker Reception and rolls into the Grand Cru dinner and exciting Live Auction at 6PM.
Twenty wineries from throughout Paso Robles wine country will be featured at Cork & Barrel for all three days of wine, food, and philanthropy. Chef Franco will partner 4 of his Grand Cru dinner courses with a very special wine from Paso Robles.
Are your taste buds excited, yet?
Tickets can be purchased at corkandbarrel.org for one of five Winemaker Dinners on July 16, A Sip of Cork & Barrel on July 17, and/or Grand Cru on July 18.